Hello everyone! My name is Mallery Dickson.
I’m a wife, a mom, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and a dental hygienist. I live a very simple life in Flagstaff, Arizona with my attractive hubby and my cute baby girl.
I love to play racquetball and basketball, crochet and try new crafts, read (I’m a sucker for cheesy proper romance books), organize and clean, save money, and I LOVE my little family.
Welcome to my blog Happiness and Inspiration! The blog of all things happy and all things inspiring!
I started this blog because I want to take things that make me happy and inspired and turn them into “How-To’s”, DIY’s, checklists, and all things organized to share with others who like being happy and inspired too!
While doing this blog, I hope to inspire others to try new things in all aspects of life. Pick something you’d like to be better at and go for it! Take the leap! I never thought I would try blogging and yet, here I am. I never thought I would be crafty, but look – I love to do ALL crafts! Try something new and who knows, you may just end up loving it and making it a lifetime hobby!
So what makes me happy? I feel like I am someone who is very easily excitable, so many things bring me happiness in my life. The three “F”s are my top “Happiness Bringers”: Family, Faith, and Friends. Those three things bring me so much happiness on the daily!
Things that make me happy:
- Saving money, whether for necessary things or just for fun (getting a good deal/bargain doesn’t hurt either).
- Performing a service for someone or surprising someone who didn’t expect it is a pleasantly happy feeling for me. I love when I can make someone feel good or happy from an act whether big or small.
- Pizookies. Enough said. It’s my absolute favorite dessert.
- Oddly enough, something that makes me happy is getting rid of unneeded things by organizing/cleaning over and over again. Have you watched Hoarders, Buried Alive? Yep. That’s good enough motivation for me.
- And lastly, when I create/make something with my own hands it makes me feel happy and accomplished, like I have spent my time well.
So what makes me inspired?
- Again, my faith is a big one. I am constantly learning new things and being inspired to be a better person.
- Seeing other’s successes really inspires me. If someone else can do it, I can do it!
- Having the knowledge that I am capable of whatever I put my mind to! This one goes hand in hand with other’s successes because if I think I can, I know I can! And once I push myself and see that I am able to do whatever it is I was attempting to accomplish, I feel much more inspired and confident in that thing.
- I think the thing that is most inspiring is to see others show compassion, love, and service to someone, whether it’s someone they know or a complete stranger. That really shows there is always good in the world no matter how big or small.
So now that you know why I am doing this blog, I’ll share some more personal, random facts about myself so you know who is doing this blog!
- My fave number is three because all good things come in threes!
- I have known my husband since we were in seventh grade and started dating at the end of our senior year of high school. True love story.
- My first date I ever went on was my first date with my husband!
- A lesson I learned recently is that no one knows another person’s situation and/or reasons for doing things.
- Where did my name come from? My mom liked the name from the show “Family Ties”.
- My pet peeves include:
- Not cancelling the microwave countdown when someone is done and you can’t see the time clock
- People driving under the speed limit for no good reason
- When people stand so perfectly in the middle of an aisle at the store that you can’t easily get around them
- I used to have a pretty bad comb over in high school and no one ever told me to fix it…
- I had braces in college.
- If I had to describe myself in one word, it would be hard working. Okay, so two words, but still, you get the idea.
- My favorite quotes I live by are: “It matters not if you try and fail and try and fail again. It matters much if you try and fail but fail to try again” and “Everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end”.
- If I stare at your teeth, don’t take it personally – I’m a dental hygienist. It’s in the job description.
So now that you know a little about me, tell me about yourself! Send me an email or comment/send message on one of my social media accounts!
© 2020 Happiness and Inspiration